Kind words

June 7th, 2012

I’m b-a-c-k!  Did you miss me?  I’ve been on a trio of back-to-back trips, and am home again for a bit before I hit the road once more.  Busy summer ahead…

Before I tell you about my travels (look for more on that tomorrow), I want to share some lovely reviews of ONCE UPON A TOAD.  Thank you, bloggers extraordinaire!

Click here to read one from Hannah, and here to read another from Book Aunt (love that name!).  Texas librarian Pamela Thompson, YA reviewer for the El Paso Times, was generous with her praise:

“Clever, cute, quirky, and good clean fun, Once Upon a Toad delivers non-stop laughs and outrageous antics!”

Wow — thank you, Pamela!  (Click here to read the rest of her review.)

Flamingnet Teen Book Reviews loved it, too — click here to read what this 13-year-old reviewer had to say.  And check this out — Flamingnet selected my book for a “Top Choice” award!

I’m blushing from all the praise…

26 Responses to “Kind words”

1. Mary Grace says:

Wow!!!! This is so exciting for you Heather!!! Congratulations on all of the good book reviews. From what I read in the first couple of chapters on your website, I can tell it is an absolutely amazing book- I just cannot wait to read it! :)

2. Keri says:

I heartily agree with all the praise! I just bought it two days ago and I believe I have read it at least 5 times so far. It is a GREAT book!!!!! I really like how the flowers that came out of O.’s mouth were dependent on her mood. Like the narcissus when she was complaining about how she looked and the thistle when she was mad.

Thank you so much, Mrs. Frederick for writing such a great book!
    -Keri <3

3. A.L. Alonso says:

Congrats Mrs. Frederick! Im still trying to get the book though. Cant wait to read such a great book :)

4. Natalie says:

WOW!! Congradulations!!! P.S. When is the excert for Wish You Were Eyre coming out? I can’t wait!!

Very soon — the chapter is off to the copy editor, and as soon as she gives it the green light I’ll post it!

• Natalie says:

Aweasome! I told my friend to read the mother daughter book club series beacuse its my personal favorite! Now, shes already on the 3rd book, can’t stop reading, and she even got it on her Kindle because she could not wait any longer fo rme to give it to her! Thank you SOOOOOO much for creating those books-they light up my day!

5. natalie says:

Yes, Mrs Frederick, I missed you!! I kept checking to see if you had poster and I can’t wait for Wish you where Eyre! I wish it was Eyre now! ;)

6. jockgirl says:

Wow!!!! Now that makes me even more impatient to read it!!!! Still waiting for it to make an appearence at my library but rest assured, Heather, that the moment it come I will read it!!

7. Zoe says:

Awesome! You absolutely deserve those awesome reviews. Once Upon A Toad is my favorite book ever so I’m glad that other people love it too. By the way, Heather, you have the awesomest blog ever. (Is awesomest even a word?)

• Zoe says:

I said awesome too many times. :)

There can never be too many awesomes, Zoe. ;-)

• Sarah Luvs MDBC says:

It’s probably my seventh favorite book. The other six are the MDBC books. Heehee! Well, I’m pretty sure WYWE will be in my tops. Can’t wait for th sneek peek and, of course, THE RELEASE DATE!!! 95 more days!
          :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
          (That’s right, I’m counting down the days!) It’s June 8, 2012 right now as I type, if you are reading this in the future.

8. Got2Love Emma says:

That is sooo COOL Heather!

9. Anna E. says:

i am saying it again! Awesome! Go Heather! Awesome!

10. Mackenzie says:

AWESOME reviews Mrs. Frederick! They are SO true! I loved Once Upon a Toad. Can’t wait for the excerpt of ‘Wish You Were Eyre!’

11. Jackie says:

I LOVE Once Upon A Toad! I bought it on a vacation trip and I read most of it for the 3-4 hours driving home and I finished it the next day! Great Job Heather! Keep up the good work!:D

12. Sami(jess+darcy fan) says:

Awesome! I haven’t read it yet, but I really want to! P.S. When is the except for Wish You Were Eyre coming out? I can’t wait! :D

Soon! Soon! I know I keep saying that, but it really is. It’s with the copy editor right now, and as soon as I get the green light i’ll post it.

13. Abby says:

Yay! Ohhhhh, I am SO excited!

14. Gabi says:

I love any book with the words, Heather Vogel Fredrick on the cover…