Fan mail (and fan art) Friday

May 3rd, 2013

This just in from Claire, one of you who was recently in PARIS!

“It was so much fun and I took WISH YOU WERE EYRE with me and tried to go where Megan went. We drank hot chocolate at Angelina’s and had ice cream at Berthillion and went to Laduree but I didn’t eat any macaroons. It was awesome!”

*sigh*  I’m trying not to be envious.  Oh to be in Paris right now … it’s supposed to be gorgeous in the Spring!  And how fun that my book inspired some of Claire’s jaunts around the city.  Do you know how cool it is for a writer to hear that? (Answer: Very Cool)

Claire also sent some artwork along.  Check it out:

Claire's MDBC cover

I swear I have the most talented readers in the world.  I love this! Thank you, Claire.  🙂

Happy weekend, everyone!

45 Responses to “Fan mail (and fan art) Friday”

1. Kaitie says:

Wow it looks exactly like the cover!!

2. Adrianna says:

That I soooooo cool!

3. Mrs. Darcy Hawethorne(sry Jess) says:

That’s so cool!!! Good job Claire 😉

4. Rainen says:

Thats the best drawing ever!! Have a good weekend to Heather!:)

Ohmigosh, So lucky!!! She is so very talented!!!!

6. Kaitie says:

I wish I were talented like that. The best I can do is stick people. My sister is the real artist in the fam. Awesome job Claire!

7. Erika says:

Wow! I would love to do that! But I get to go to Mankato and I hope to go to the places Becca goes!

Ooo, lucky you, Erika! You’ll love visiting the Betsy-Tacy houses, and seeing all the other sights. It’s a charming town!

8. Sophietophie says:

I miss the series so much! We didn’t even get to hear about cortney’s wedding! We didn’t learn about how Megan is dealing with Sophie!(my name is Sophie too!)when I went to London and Paris it was a dream come true! I went to sally lunns buns and all the rest of bath and in Paris I went to Angelina’s and l’opera! Please reply! I miss the MDBC! 🙂

Ooo, you had a total MDBC trip, didn’t you? And I know, it’s always hard to say characters we consider to be friends and family. It’s hard for the authors, too, believe me. But more good things are ahead, I hope, with new books I have up my sleeve…

• Sophietophie says:

I can’t wait! Ms.fredrick you are my favorite author!!!!!!

• cellogirl says:

i think you should write a prequel to the MDBC. like before megan was rich,when cassidy still lived in California…..

• Kate says:

I definitely agree… or maybe an “all grown up” so like the opposite of a prequel, when the MDBC is in college or something. IDK just a thought.

• Hannah says:

cellogirl, that’s an awesome idea! 😀 Heather, do you think you have the time to write a prequel?

A prequel, no. But I’ve had a TEENY TINY INKLING of an idea for something to add to the MDBC series. Will have to wait and see if it sprouts into something that’s possible.

• Hannah says:

This just made my day! I love you and the MDBC, and I’m not quite ready to say good-bye to my favorite series yet! The Mother-Daughter Book Club has got to be the best series known to mankind!

• Kaitie says:

Wow! That would be like my dream vacation right there! You’re so lucky…

9. Sophietophie says:

Ps. HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO!

10. Tatum says:

thats really good. i was wondering if you could look at a website that i made. it is http://www.teenwritemagazine.weebly.com
    thanks and if not its fine:)

11. Mackenzie says:

Wow! That’s great- no FABULOUS!!

12. Kami says:

That’s so good!! You’re so talented Claire!! 🙂

13. Amelia says:

That’s so cool!

14. Juliette says:

Hi Mrs.Frederick!
    Wow! The places people get to go and the talents that people have! I’ve grown up my whole life in California and I’ve only ever been to New York, Hawaii, and Oregon!!! And gosh that drawing looked so real I thought it was the actual cover but then I did a double take and figured out that it was a(n incredible) drawing.
    So I was wondering…… (Uh oh) ;D
    Have you ever considered doing a poetry and/or short story contest on your blog? I think you would have a really good turnout and even though it would be hard to choose a winner, it would be a great way for everyone to share their work.
    I’m sorry if I sounded demanding right now:/ I was trying my very hardest NOT to be demanding so PLEASE know that I’m not demanding!!! It’s just an idea:)
    Thank you for your time!
    –Juliette Z.

Juliette, that’s a really interesting idea. I don’t have time to organize this right now, but I will definitely file it away as a future possibility! 😀

15. LuvMDBC says:

That picture is amazing! I really miss the MDBC. Why did the series have to end?!! Ms. Heather, are you planning to write more short stories of the girls?

Not at this point, alas. But I WILL be writing more books that I think (hope) my MDBC fans will enjoy! Stay tuned!

16. Julia M says:

I was driving by Walden Pond the other day and I was thinking of the time the MDBC girls fought on the canoes there haha.

17. Cassidy says:

I cant draw for beans. My bff is the artist. We read mdbc together. So cool that she went where Megan went. I wish I was in Paris.

18. Cassidy says:

Jet looked at cellogirll’s comment. You should totally write a prequel. Great idea! I would read it, and so would all of my friends.

• cellogirl says:

we need to make a petition or something and rally up against heather to write one 🙂 (question do you liek being called heather or mrs.frederick)

19. Shalhevet says:

You really are an amazing author!! I think you should make movies about each MDBC book. THEY ARE MY FAVORITE BOOKS AND YOU ARE MY FAVORITE AUTHOR EVER! I am on your 6th book. I am 9. Did you name the Hawthorne’s name from Nathaniel Hawthorne? Please answer back soon!

Ha! Sharp eyes — yes, the name Hawthorne came from Nathaniel Hawthorne, a writer who was a contemporary of Louisa May Alcott’s and who also lived in Concord. 🙂

• Mrs. Darcy Hawethorne(sry Jess) says:

Have your read rappaccini’s daughter? We just finished it in English.

Yes! Ages ago. I can’t for the life of me remember what it’s about, but I did read it…

• Mrs. Darcy Hawethorne(sry Jess) says:

Haha!!! 😀 okay, yeah it was really good and I think I’m gonna read the scarlet letter over the summer!

20. Mackenzie says:

Wow that’s great!

21. Haley says:

That’s so amazing! I’m jealous!