Summer ritual

June 18th, 2013

Billie at DQ 2013

Yep, it’s that time of year again!

Every summer, I stop by Dairy Queen now and then with our dogs. They LOVE DQ — and we love our local DQ for providing tiny vanilla doggie cones.  They’re free of charge, with a purchase by a human, which isn’t a hardship since I love a good DQ Twist now and then…

As for that green streak on Billie’s muzzle, just in case you spotted it and were wondering, that was a leftover from lunch. She helped me finish off my kale smoothie.  Uh, yeah.  Sounds gross, doesn’t it?  Mrs. Wong would so approve!  One of my favorite light lunches, though, believe it or  not.

I’m coming down the home stretch on my new novel!  Hope to be able to share a few tidbits with you all soon!

23 Responses to “Summer ritual”

1. Faithers23 says:

Aw how cute!!!! You have no idea how excited I am for the new book!!!!!!!!!

Yay! That’s so exciting! My parents like turnip smoothies! (Eww!) It definitely looks like Billie is enjoying himself! Yum!

3. Rainen says:

Your writing a new novel?! Cool! i look forward to seeing it:)

4. Adrianna says:

New Novel!! When are you going to tell us more?

5. Rilla says:

I’m so excited for your new story, and your dogs must have had lots of fun ! Oh and heather, do you know the song from Heaven to Betsy that Betsy and the crowd really enjoy singing, a waltz called dreaming? Do you know where I could listen to it? I only found the instrumental. 🙂

Mrs. Wong sounds a lot like my friend Cokie’s mom…Cokie says her mom’s smoothies are just a bunch of seeds and grains mixed with water. Ewww!

7. Kami says:

Your dogs are just so cute! I can’t wait to hear more about your book! I’m so excited!! 🙂

8. April says:

Aww… Billie ‘s so cute! 😀

9. KatieTheObsessed says:

So how soon is soon…I need to know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. eat.sleep.hockey says:

Definitely looking forward to that new book! And that’s so cool that your DQ gives free ice cream to dogs! And to the point of smoothies my friends dad only eats these horrendous fruit vegetable protein concoctions, there’s only one other thing he’ll occasionally have…Chinese food! Weird right?

11. Keri says:

My mom loves kale and spinach smoothies. I think they are extremely gross.

12. Abbey says:

Awwww!! She is so cute 🙂 so I your new book like The Mother Daughter Bookclub?? Because I really miss it!! 🙁 haha