Cover reveal #1

January 14th, 2014

Ta da!

ABSOLUTELY TRULY cover

I promised you a cover reveal, and here it is. Isn’t it breathtaking?

I am just over the MOON about this cover! Could it possibly be any more gorgeous? Or intriguing? It’s absolutely truly perfect!

And did you notice the owl?  There’s one on the back cover as well:

ABSOLUTELY TRULY back cover

(By the way, if you click on these pictures, they should enlarge for you so you can see all the glorious detail.)

Those of you who have been reading my blog for a while may remember that right around this time last year, I spotted an owl in my backyard. (Click here to read about it.) I was flailing around with ABSOLUTELY TRULY at the time, my writerly tires stuck in the mud. I was desperately in need of something to get the story going again, but I wasn’t sure what that something was until it arrived on my doorstep. What followed was some happy research (click here for the lowdown on that) and a much better book — which you’ll be able to read next November!

I know that’s a long time away, but I couldn’t resist sharing this beautiful cover with you. I promise to post a sneak peek of the first chapter or two in a bit here. We’re still tweaking a few things, but look for it in a few weeks.

And guess what? I have TWO BOOKS coming out in 2014, so a second cover reveal will also be coming along soon!

45 Responses to “Cover reveal #1”

1. Claire says:

I’m so excited!!! The cover looks awesome! Is it going it be anything like the MDBC? I mean, is it for the same kind of readers?

Yes, Claire! In fact, a (minor) character from MDBC winds up in Pumpkin Falls, the fictitious town where ABSOLUTELY TRULY is set…

• Kaitie says:

This is SO exciting!! I can’t wait to read it! And an mdbc character?! The cover looks amazing! Very inviting. Something i would definetely read if i just saw the cover only.

• Claire says:

Yay!!!

• Emily says:

Oohh!!!! I can hardly stand the wait!! Next November – YAY! I’m going on a cruise (quite like the one Megan and Becca went on together), next November! That November will be a very exciting to look forward to for the next ten months!! 🙂

• cellogirl says:

Wow it looks amazing! I have a question though, who designs your covers? do you have input in them?

Every publisher has an art department, and their designers are responsible for the covers of the books they publish. Simon & Schuster has a department full of WIZARDS, I swear, because all of my covers have been beautiful! Do I have input? Sure, some. But mostly that just consists of me jumping up and down and squealing because I’m so happy with what they’ve come up with! 😉

• Jessica Delaney says:

Ooo a minor character could it be my boyfriend or Emma’s boyfriend?? Or one of the Dad’s??

2. Jane Blogger says:

What?????? THAT IS SOOOO COOL! I’m so excited? What’s your second book going to be about?

3. Fashionista says:

Oh my gosh! That’s so cool! When is your next book coming out?

It will be out in November — in fact, they’ll both be out in November, I think. More info coming soon!

That is SO AWESOME!! I can’t wait to read it! What is your other book coming out about? 😀

The other book is a picture book – can’t wait to share the cover for that one! Stay tuned!

• Olivia says:

Sorry- it kind of seems like I asked the same questions that two people already asked- but their comments weren’t there yet. I’m excited!! 😀

5. Rainen S. says:

YAY!!! Love reading your books, heather:) Can’t wait

6. eman says:

the cover page is awesome.i LOVE it. i cant wait to read it.

7. eman says:

the book cover is sooooooooo awesome. i LOVE it. cant wait to read the book.

8. Abigail says:

Love the cover…..wow!! And a mdbc character!!!! This is going to be hard to wait for…..:)

9. RaeAnna says:

Are you coming out with another MDBC book? I hope so!

10. Mary says:

Wonderful!

11. Rose Tyler says:

Oh my goodness! ‘Tis gorgeous! I was wondering if by any chance a MDBC character might make a reappearance since it is set in the same area?

12. Jane Blogger says:

Hi–I made a comment on Finished Scarf, and I’m just asking if you couldn moderate it because the comment is basically interview questions for my blog. Thanks!
    – jane B.

Congrats! The cover looks gorgeous! 😀

Totally pumped for this book!! I can’t wait to see who the character is! And the cover is most definitely breathtaking! You have done it once again!! Are you going to release some of chapter one next week???

15. Gwyneth says:

Yes, now I have another of your books to look forward to! 😀 The cover is spectacular!

16. Hanan says:

I’m guessing Jess’s cousin from New Hampshire and her family and Jacob are going to be in the book! I can’t wait, I’m so excited.

17. Jane Blogger says:

I’m guessing Maggie and Trevor 🙂

18. Kami says:

This makes me so happy!! The cover is beautiful and I love the owls!! They make it look more mysterious! I can’t wait until November now! I’ll be counting down the days. 🙂

19. Samantha says:

That is so awesome, I can’re wait for the reveal of the books! Do you have any idea when that will be?

20. Jane Blogger says:

So what’s the picture book about?

21. Jessica Delaney says:

I’m so impatient… Which minor character is in the story!!! Emma freaked out when she heard about this. And all the MDBC girls love you they think you’re the best author and after is Ally Carter writer of the Gallagher series. Anyways, even Cassidy likes you! Cassidy as in Cassidy Anne Sloane!

22. cassidy says:

what is this book about? it looks like a good read! i absolutely adore your book! i have not found another yet that makes me feel at home like yours do. you have no idea miss heather how your books put a smile on my face every time i pick up one of your books! when i was going to start reading home for the holidays i just stared at the cover in awe fingering the snowflakes and seeing the shine just put me over the top! i never felt such a warm glow inside of me before! and in the book pies and prejudice when mrs. bergeson died i was crying so much that my mom asked me if i was ok. lol 😀 thx again for doing what you do! -cassidy

Oh my goodness. I LOVE what you said about my books making you feel “at home.” What a wonderful compliment! Tell your mom I’m sorry I made you cry, OK? 😀

23. Fumi says:

crying crying first Wendy Mass then you are making another sort of companion like book to one of my favorite series’s that ended and just ahh I’m freaking out and I’m so happy!

Yay! Sorry you’re crying but GLAD that you’re HAPPY, Fumi! 🙂

• Ems says:

Wendy mass is really good too,no affence heather,my mom just says that I’ll pick up pretty much anything and read it, although reading mdbc is something that I can relate to, your writing has also encouraged my to start my own “book” if you could call it that, but its comforting for me to be reading and writing so I do it quite often and my parents and teachers tell me that I’m really good, although when we can only have like two pages I freak and I end up complicating my situation by trying and unsucessfully going into wayyyyyy to many details, but I get by well enough

I love Wendy’s books too! 🙂 And I’m delighted to hear that reading the MDBC books has inspired you to write, too. Keep it up!

24. Ems says:

I’ll keep on being an Emma