Fan mail Friday

April 10th, 2015

It’s that time of the week again!

Before I share this week’s mail with you, though, I have something exciting to announce. We finally have a title for MDBC #7!!

MOTHER-DAUGHTER BOOK CAMP

Fun, huh?

I love it. Love it! And I’m enormously grateful to Justin Chanda, one of Simon & Schuster’s resident geniuses, for the suggestion. My editor and I kept throwing spaghetti at the wall, but nothing was sticking …

Anyway, a sneak preview of the book will be coming along later this spring, so stay tuned. I also happen to know that one of the goddesses in the S&S art department (Lucy, I’m looking at you!) has a REALLY cool idea for the cover, so once it’s been designed I’ll post it here on my blog.

I think you’re going to like this new book (she says modestly). And yes, it really is the FINAL one in the series, in case you’re wondering. I had such a great time writing this story, and I can’t wait to share it with the world!

So, on to more important things here — your mail! This week, I have a couple of great drawings to show you from Brooke. Her favorite book in the series is PIES & PREJUDICE, so she chose to picture the girls in their ballgowns:

Brooke - mdbc girls

Don’t you love it?

But wait! That’s not all! Brooke also sent along a drawing of the MDBC moms:

Brooke - mdbc moms

This is SUCH fun. I don’t get to see the mothers as often — well, aside from in my mind’s eye. Did you catch the slogan on Mrs. Wong’s T-shirt? Well done, Brooke! You’re awesome.

As always, many thanks for your letters and emails. They’re the cherry on top of the ice cream sundae that is my life as an author!

32 Responses to “Fan mail Friday”

1. thats a great drawing book!

and thats soooo exciting mrs frederick!

2. Brooke, those are so cute! I wish I could draw like that. I love the touch on Mrs. Wong’s shirt. Plus I love how you paid attention to the girls’ size and resemblance to the moms. 🙂

This is so exciting! The title is really cool! My sister and I were wondering, what classic was this title based off of (or was it based off of one at all?) I know some of the book titles were based off of classics. We cannot wait for the sneak peak! My sister is reading the 1st book for the third or fourth time 😛
    Thank you for this amazing news, and the fan art is so awesome! Great job Brooke 😀

The title is really about the story itself this time, Grace, not about the book they’ll be reading (“Understood Betsy” by Dorothy Canfield Fisher). It’s a younger book than the most recent ones they’ve read, but that’s because they’ll be reading it with their campers!

4. Brooke says:

Aww. Thanks. I struggled with the ball gowns. Only a few are described in detail. I really don’t like how Mrs. Hawthorne looks in this one.
    I can’t wait until I canPreorder Mother Daughter Book Camp ( love the title).
    Does any one have any good book recommendations?

5. I love the name, it sounds AMAZING! 🙂
    I can’t wait for the last book, actually Emily and I are doing a special thing, and we’re starting with MDBC. We both really love the books. And those drawings by Brooke look divine (isn’t that what Wolfgang, is that his name, what he always say). I would send you something, but I’m better at designing then drawing.

Well, I can’t draw at ALL, Trisha, which is one of the reasons I delight in sharing fan art here on my blog!

6. dogluv says:

this is soooo exciting! will there be an summer romance for this book? 😉

Well now, what would a book set in the summer be without at least a HINT of summer romance! 😉

7. dogluv says:

oh and i wanted to say that i kind of imagine mrs hawthorne looking like leighton meester, what do you imagine her like?

8. Megan says:

Those pictures are awesome! I wish I had the patience to draw such great pictures like those ones! And the MOTHER-DAUGHTER BOOK CAMP is an awesome title for the seventh book of the MDBC! 🙂

I’m so thrilled for MDBC #7! And I love the title. Great drawings, Brooke! 🙂

10. cailey says:

Wow!!!! These drawings are just lovely!!!

OMG yeahagahaha!! Does the book have something to do with a camp?

12. Maddy says:

ooo cool. I can’t wait! Keep us updated 🙂

13. rachel says:

I am so excited can you send a sneak peak that we could read or at least tell us a little bit about it?

14. Stella says:

Yay!!! Will there be any Tristan/Cassidy moments? I love their relationship, it shows how much Cassidy’s changed throughout the series, but somehow still remained the same. You’re such and awesome author!

THE title is AWESOME! I can’t wait till it comes out!
    Keep up the great work!You are A great author!!!!

16. Clara says:

Great titel but does it have to be the last? How about the ” daughters ” all
    have kids even Cassidy and those mothers and daughters have a club!?
    And grandmothers?! THE MOTHER DAUGHTER GRANDMA BOOK CLUB!

17. Lauren says:

Awesome drawings! When will you have the sneak preview of MDBC #7? I’m so excited for it!

Lauren