A Mother-Daughter Book Club quiz for you

February 5th, 2016

Here’s a little quiz sent in by one of my readers — thank you, Sabina!  How fun is this?!

Which mother (or grandmother) are you?

You’re in charge of dessert for your family today. You…
a) Bake a chocolate volcano cupcake
b) Make macaroons
c) Bake whole wheat, sugar free rhubarb cookies
d) Go to the local ice-cream shop and bring some ice cream home
e) Bake a coconut cream pie
f) Bake brownies

You like…
a) Cooking
b) Paris and fashion
c) Making the world a better place
d) Literature
e) Gardening
f) Acting

It’s your child’s (or grandchild’s) birthday! You give them…
a) Sports-themed jewelry
b) A trip to Paris
c) 100 trees planted in your child’s name
d) A boxed set of novels
e) An educational trip
f) A cake decorating class with you and your child

You and your child (or grandchild)…
a) Have different interests, but not very distant
b) Are super close
c) Are VERY different!
d) Are super-duper close!
e) Aren’t very close
f) Except occasionally, close

If you answered mostly…
a) You are Mrs. Sloane-Kinkaid!
b) You are Gigi!
c) You are Mrs. Wong!
d) You are Mrs. Hawthorne!
e) You are Mrs. Chadwick! (Isn’t that fantastic?)
f) You are Mrs. Deleany!

Which daughter are you?

Your house is…
a) An ultra-modern house
b) A cozy Cape Cod-style house
c) A little house on a farm
d) A victorian “Painted Lady”
e) A stiff, formal house with a stiff, formal garden

People would describe you as…
a) Fashionable
b) A bookworm
c) Super smart
d) Sporty
e) A frenemy

Your hobby is…
a) Sewing and designing clothes
b) Reading and writing
c) Helping rehabilitate animals
d) Playing sports
e) Cheerleading

You’ve had a bad day at school. To cheer yourself up, you…
a) Read a fashion magazine
b) Work on a poem
c) Volunteer at an animal shelter
d) Go to the rink or other place to play sports
e) Go to the mall

It’s your turn to pick a book for book club! You pick…
a) A book on the history of fashion
b) Jane Eyre
c) A story about a horse or other animal
d) A biography of a famous sports star
e) A “diary” book about middle school drama

If you answered mostly…
a) You are Megan!
b) You are Emma!
c) You are Jess!
d) You are Cassidy!
e) You are Becca!
Which father (or stepfather) are you most like?

Your job is…
a) An accountant
b) You don’t have a stable job yet, but for now, pizza delivering!
c) You work on a farm
d) A writer
e) A computer whiz

You like to…
a) Watch sports
b) Play volleyball
c) Do farm work
d) Read and write
e) Fiddle with technology

If you answered mostly…
a) You are Stanley Kinkaid!
b) You are Mr. Chadwick!
c) You are Mr. Delaney!
d) You are Mr. Hawthorne!
e) You are Mr. Wong!

Anybody want to share who they got?  Feel free to comment below!

63 Responses to “A Mother-Daughter Book Club quiz for you”

1. Sabina says:

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you so much for posting this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I was Emma!

Sabina

2. Mary says:

As weird as this sounds, I’m Emma AND Cassidy! And we all wonder how thats possible!

I had my mom do the quiz, too, and she was most like Mrs. Sloane Kinkaid.

The funny thing is, I feel like any MDBC fan isn’t just one of them because they are all so different and special in their own ways. Like, who would of thought that those 5 would become the most unlikeliness of friends? But I sure am glad they did, if not, my like would be dull and colorless without the daydreaming about them and the books, reading the stories and thinking about Carrots, Emma, Goat Girl, Metal mouth/Chadwickus frenimus (i didn’t spell that right), and Megan! 😉

Good Luck on your country travels, Heather! I would LOVE IT SO MUCH if you came to Northern Virginia! LONG LIVE THE MOTHER DAUGHTER BOOK CLUB!

• Mary says:

HEATHER, A BIG QUESTION! I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT IF YOU WOULD READ AND ANSWER!

How do I send in artwork or entries like this quiz? What can I send in? Any recommendation on what I should enter? What do I send it to?

If you hop on the “Contact” page on my website, you’ll see the spot where you can drop me a note – either right there online, or via snail mail. 🙂

• Mary says:

Ok thanks! Do you have any suggestions on what I should send?

And how long does it take normally to moderate a comment?

Mary, it usually doesn’t take too long for me to moderate a comment. I’m not on here EVERY day, but it’s usually not more than a day or two (or sometimes longer if I’m traveling or juggling deadlines). Send whatever you’d like!

• Zoya says:

Hi Heather I love the series the mother daughter book club. I feel that Megan, Becca, Jess, Emma and Cassidy are people in real life. I can relate to every single one of the characters. When I have a bad day these books cheer me up. I can never stop reading this series. I am so excited to get the last book but I am going to be so sad when I am done with the series. I just wanted to tell you that you did an amazing job writing this series and this is my favorite series in the whole world.

• Kelly says:

I was Emma and Cassidy too! I totally agree!!

3. lu says:

I got 2 c’s, 2 b’s and one d. So i’m partly emma, jess, and a little bit cassidy.

4. Aurora J. McLaine says:

For Mother/Grandmother: I am none of them, I pretty got one of each.

For Daughter: I got Emma (figures)

For Father/Stepfather: Mr. Hawthorne.

I’m surprised I didn’t get the whole Hawthorne family 😛

5. Riley says:

Very cool quiz!

For a Mother/Grandmother I am a cross between Gigi and Mrs. Hawthorne.

For Daughter I got Emma!

For Father/Stepfather I am Mr. Hawthorne.

Great quiz!

I was Emma, Mrs. Hawthrorne, and Mr. Hawthorne.

7. Rebecca says:

My whole family got the Hawthornes! Haha, I guess we are just like them.

8. Keri says:

I’m a cross between Emma and Jess, If I was a mother, I was a combination of Mrs. Sloane-Kinkaid, Mrs. Hawthorne, and Mrs. Delaney. And I wasn’t any of the dads…

-Keri

9. lu says:

Hi Mrs. Frederick: What did you get 🙂

10. Becca says:

I got Gigi, Emma, and Mr. Hawthorne, who I think are all pretty awesome characters!

11. Zoe says:

I am:
    Mrs. Hawethorne
    Emma
    And Mr. Delaney

But I feel that I have a bit of each of the girls in me though, Megan’s love of Paris, Emma’s love of books, Cassidy’s spirit, Jess’s love of acting, and Becca’s love of shopping:)

12. Jessie H. says:

This is so much fun! I got Mrs. Hawthorne, Emma, and Mr. Hawthorne. 🙂 I LOVE the Hawthornes, they’re my favorite! 🙂

13. Ems says:

i took all three tests, I got Mrs. Sloane-Kinkaid, Becca, and Stanley/Mr. Wong. I had one of each for most though. It was funny

14. Isabella says:

Mother/Grandmother = Gigi. The fun-loving spirited grandmother who might be my favorite character.
    Daughter = mixture of Cassidy and Becca. The two most opposite girls n the WHOLE book club. LOL!
    Father/stepfather = Mr. Hawthorne and Mr. Wong. I want to become a writer someday, and I adore anything tech!

15. Lila says:

I’m Mrs. Hawthorne, Emma, and Mr. Hawthorne!

For Mother/Grandmother: I got all D’s except on the third question in which I couldn’t decide whether to give my children/grandchildren a boxed set of novels or an educational trip for their birthday. I got E on that question.
    For daughters: I got all B’s and one E on the last question.
    For the dads: I got all D’s.
    I got the whole Hawthorne family except for Darcy who didn’t appear on the quiz!
    Thank you Sabina for creating this quiz and thank you Mrs. Frederick for posting it!

17. Cleo says:

Awesome!!!

18. Cleo says:

Mrs. Frederick would you email me Please???
    i have questions!

19. Liberty says:

For the first set of questions I got Miss Delaney, for the second set of questions I got Emma, and for the last set of questions I got Mr. Hawthorne. I loved all of it, but the last set of questions could have had more questions than just 2. But other than that I loved the MDBC Quiz!!

20. BookloverB says:

I got Mrs. Hawthorne, Emma, and Mr. Hawthorne!

Haha that moment when I could guess who each description corresponded to !

21. Rebekah says:

Mother/Grandmother-Mrs. Hawthorne (of course)
    Daughter-Emma and Cassidy (I couldn’t decide on most of them)
    Father/Stepfather-Mr.Hawthorne (of course)

I was the whole Hawthorne family! 🙂 Except for the mix between Emma and Cassidy. I love quizzes like this, they are so cool and fun. Thanks so much for sharing this with us Heather and for making it Sabina. MDBC FOR LIFE!!

22. Anna says:

I got Cassidy, Mrs. Hawthorne, and Stanley! haha

I just wanted to say I’m SO EXCITED for the 7th book. I read the preview and it’s already sooooo good!!

23. Cara says:

I’m so sad about Mrs. Bergson… I guess some characters stick with you

24. Lia says:

Hi Mrs. Frederick!
    According to this fun quiz, I am Gigi,(yay!)somewhere between Jess and Emma and Mr. Hawthorne.

I love all the characters and I feel that I am somehow related to all of them in different ways. But my favorites are Jess and Cassidy. I love their lives, boyfriends and their personality. I even want to name my daughter Jessica when I grow up!

Thank you so much for making this amazing series! 🙂
    I am trying to share it with my friends, but got only 1 to read the entire series. We are both very excited for the 7th book coming in May!! 🙂

25. clara says:

I got Mrs. Hawthorne, Emma, and Mr. Hawthorne!

26. Sarah says:

I’m so predictable: I got the entire Hawthorne family. *sigh* Books are just the best, aren’t they? And that is the most amazing quiz ever made, btw.

27. Chloe says:

I got 100% Emma and Mr. Hawthr! Emma was always my dream name, next to Violet.

Heather, what character do you find most similar to you?

That would be Emma — with a little Jess mixed in, because I love animals and because I used to be super shy. 🙂

28. Chloe says:

I also find myself similar to Jess because I love to act, I am pretty good at math (however, I do not like math like she does) and I have two younger brothers who are 8 (I am 11) who are twins. They are just as crazy as Jess’s brothers. Right now they are tackling each other, trying out judo moves on each other. 🙂

Hi Ms. Frederick,
    I got around 75% Emma and the rest Cassidy. I feel it most definately fits me.
    Who’s your favorite character out of Jess, Becca, Megan, Cassidy, and Emma?
    P.S. Thank you sooooooo much for writing a 7th book!!!!! (I already have it preordered on amazon)
    I was so hooked on each book that they each took me three days maximum to read!!!! I don’t know how you do it, but you make everything relatable to my own life, yet still exciting to read and always leaving me drooling for more.
    P.P.S After the 7th book (hopefully not last), are you thinking of writing an 8th?

30. Ella Beth says:

Hi Miss Frederick, I really like your books. I am so glad I found your website where I found out about the last book, I cannot wait to read it!

31. Betty says:

This quiz was so much fun! I went on the website during free-time that I had at school and found the quiz. I showed one of my friends who is also obsessed with the MDBC. And Ms. Frederick, is there any possibility of a movie! Please respond to the comment to let me know! I just finished the last book, too.

Aw, so glad you’re a fan! As for the possibility of a movie, alas, it’s not up to me. Let’s hope Hollywood is listening! 😉

32. Catherine says:

I love your MDBC books. Whenever I open one I just can’t stop reading! Im really sad that the series is ending but I’m glad that I got to read all these books! Your stories play me a movie inside my head and I love all the books! I would appreciate if you responded to this comment. THANKS

Thank you, Catherine! I love hearing this — satisfied readers is what I live for! 🙂

33. Ally says:

Wow! I got Mrs. Hawthorne, Emma, and Mr. Hawthorne! I guess I was destined to be a Hawthorne!

34. Lily says:

I am a mix of Emma and Cassidy! Super-duper awesome quiz! I only took the “daughter” part of the quiz! (Thank goodness I’m not a granny yet!) Sabina – love the sarcastic part about Mrs. Chadwick after her name! LOL!

35. Lily says:

One more thing… just finished the 7th book… I totally forgot Mrs. Hawthorne’s first name! My mind is bursting from everything that happens in the series! Heather, please refresh my memory!

36. Ruthanne says:

I LOVE the series so much that whenever the librarian sees me she automatically assumes that I want one of your books. I NEVER get tired of them!

37. Ruthanne says:

I love your books SO much. Whenever I go to the library the librarian assumes I want one of your books. I am so looking forward to baking a mother-daughter book club cake!