Absolutely Truly is an Edgar Awards nominee!

January 21st, 2015

This morning I awoke to some amazing news — ABSOLUTELY TRULY has been nominated for an Edgar Award!

Absolutely Truly cover 2014
What exactly are the Edgar Awards? Kind of like the Oscars for mystery writers…

The Edgars
Only instead of golden statues, they give out little Edgar Allen Poes.

Edgar statuette
Wouldn’t he be a fun addition to the bookshelf?!

This honor is bestowed by the Mystery Writers of America, and I’m stunned and flattered and absolutely truly beside myself with excitement! I’m in such fabulous company, too (click here for a full list of nominees). Plus, my brilliant and charming editor at Simon & Schuster, Kristin Ostby, is on a roll with not one but TWO of her books nominated — mine and SPACE CASE by Stuart Gibbs. I’m thrilled for her!

Time to start looking for a party dress for the awards ceremony. It’s a black tie occasion, and we’ve been instructed to “dress to kill”…

42 Responses to “Absolutely Truly is an Edgar Awards nominee!”

Congrats! You definitely deserve it! πŸ˜€

2. Kim says:

Congratulations, that is wonderful news! You are such a talented writer and person. Hope you have a wonderful, glorious evening, and of course, you win!! Even though my daughter will be seventeen in July, we still enjoy re-reading the Mother-Daughter series together from time to time. We are looking forward to sharing “Book 7” together!

Thanks for sharing your talent with us and your successes!

Kim Robles

3. Brooke says:

Wow. That’s so cool. Have you ever gotten one before? I’m sure you’ll find an amzing dress. I’m sure you’ll win. Good luck!

Congratulations! I loved Absolutely Truly so much! It was so interesting and exciting!

5. RaeAnna says:

Congratulations! I hope you win!

6. Sarah says:

Congratulations and good luck!! πŸ˜€

Oh my gosh!!! That is so awesome. πŸ˜€ Absolutely Truly totally deserves it!!!

8. Ave says:

Heather, I was hoping Absolutely Truly would get some kind of award! This is such wonderful news. Does this mean we will get a sequel? Congrats! Ave Gray

9. Zoie says:

Wow this is so great!! Oh I know you’ll win- AT was so amazing I couldn’t put it down! You’re fans are al cheering for you! GO HEATHER! πŸ™‚

10. Maddy says:

Congrats!!! That is fantastic news, I can’t imagine how excited you must be. πŸ™‚ I was just wonder if you got my letter…

I am in another-daugther book club with my friends! We are thinking about reading yours truly! I hope it wins, cause it deserves too! But for now, I have to read the MDBC series for the 20th time!!

12. Virginia says:

THIS IS WONDERFUL! I’m also putting YOU in MY book at the SAMETIME the MDBC to be exact

Oh that is so cool! I can’t wait to read the sequel! When will it be published?

My sister really loved AT! She closed the book and said, “Wow, this was ‘absolutely’ amazing.” Congratulations, Heather! I just know you’re going to win!
    *goes off to read it, too*

15. Rebekah says:

I can’t wait to read “Absolutely Truly”. I’m asking for it for my birthday in March) Congratulations. Did you earn any awards for the MDBC? You’ll definitely find beautiful clothes to wear to the ceremony. I ‘absolutely truly’ love your books. You definitely deserve this award for allow of your books.

Rebekah

16. Jane Blogger says:

Congrats! I’m so proud πŸ˜€ Even being a nominee is an honour! πŸ™‚ You deserve it for sure!

17. Julia says:

What email can I contact you with?? I can’t find it on the website I’m not sure why…

It’s there – go to the “Contact” tab at the top of my website, fill in the blanks, and the email will be on its way to me. πŸ˜€

18. Brooke says:

I like fan mail fridays. When are you going to post another fan mail Friday? They are my favorite thing on your blog( except for when you post info on a new book).

I like them, too, Brooke! I try and do them a couple of times a month. Didn’t get to it last week, but will this week for sure. πŸ™‚

19. Madelyn says:

Hi, I won the giveaway for Absolutely Truly. I’ve been very busy, but just got a change to start it 3 days ago. and Today I finished it. It was ABSOLUTELY TRULY WONDERFUL!! πŸ™‚ I loved it and was sad for it to end. Great Job, Mrs. Frederick! I cannot wait for “Your’s Truly” πŸ™‚

20. Elizabeth Ives says:

Congratulations Heather!! This is a huge opportunity and honor! I’m so happy for you!!! And, yes, that Edgar Allen Poe head would look great on the bookshelf! You’ll probably get a few questions about it and then you’ll explain how you got it with your fabulous mystery series “Absolutely Truly!” πŸ™‚

21. Malika says: